There many people who earn their cherished dollar by working at home-Working on websites, producing software/programs and so forth. There are many ways to accumulate income using the web. I am too am of the community who works on the web. I am a content editor. Recently, I was given the assignment for a final project by my Digital Media Professor to Research and interview someone who has the same background of working on the web. I am going to do the project on my own employer Dwight Ford who has a huge list of amazing credentials with abundant experience as an engineer and developer.
IDEAS>>>>Dwight has a wide range of credentials that I plan on narrowing down to three of his most amazing accomplishments/jobs working digitally along with his current projects, what he does and how he does it, major goals and where he sees himself another ten years from now working web based. Using video I will be sending Dwight an interview of scripted questions and then he himself will send a video back to me responding to what I have asked him.
Work History>>>>> Dwight’s past work history:
- Web Architect/Engineer at www.kreeer.com
- Web Engineer at Embarcadero Technologies
- Web Architect/Engineer at Conscious Creative
- Web Architect/Engineer at Wholelife
- Senior Software Engineer at AKQA
- Solution Architect at Oncology Therapeutic Network
- J2EE Architect at Kaiser Permenente
- Senior Programmer at SBC/Nextgen
- Lead Programmer at XIM
- J2EE Lead Programmer (Consultant) at CB Richard Ellis
- Solution Architect at Motorola
- Presales Application Architect at Vitria Technology
- Object Oriented Mentor/Developer at Chubb and Sons Insurance
- Senior programmer at Swiss Bank Corporation
Current Updated Articles/News>>>> These are updated articles or news about some of the major companies Dwight has worked for:
Questions for Dwight~
1. What is your digital occupation?
2. How has working digitally change your life?
3. Did you always feel you were going to work digitally and if there wasn’t a such thing as the “internet”
where do you see yourself?
4. Who and what are the biggest companies you have worked for and which did you enjoy the most?
5.What does your job consist of and how does it apply digitally?
6. How many hours do you work online a week?
7. How do you feel about working at a company such as IBM to a more advanced company with up to date
8. Has working digitally ever effected your life financially and how did you overcome your obstacles?
9. Where do you see technology in 10 years?
10. How does digital technology apply to your life other than the www or internet?
11. What are the perks and down falls of working digitally?
12. In some states children’s handwriting skills are being replaced with learning how to work a keyboard, as someone
in the technology field do you feel this is necessary?
13. How did working digitally change since you started?
14. Any pointers to those who want to pursue work or a business digitally?
15. What is your background education and how did you go about learning what you needed to work online?
A. What is/are your digital occupation(is/are)?
B. What does your job consist of and how does it apply digitally? (maybe show us an example of what you do)
C. On average how many hours do you work a week and how many are working digitally?
D. What are some of the perks and downfalls of working digitally have you faced? How were they conquered?
E. Who and what are the biggest companies you have worked for and which did you enjoy the most? What kind of work did you do for them?
F. As a credited former employee at IBM; What is our take on their prehistoric technology?
Do you see them advancing with the times?
G. How has working digitally changed in your field compared to when you first started?
H. Where and how do you see yourself working digitally in the next ten years?
I. How does digital technology apply to your life other than the www or internet?
J. Did you always feel you were going to work digitally and if there wasn’t a such thing as the “internet”
where do you see yourself?
K. Any pointers to those who want to pursue work or a business digitally?
As a guru in the digital field and a father; would you rather have your children learn hand writing skills
or be digitally educated? Why or why not